Friday, May 31, 2013

Melissa's Story


I am super excited to be a "guest blogger" on Tricia's blog.  Yes, she is my sister.  However, I am the older and wiser one.  True story. ;)

I have so many success stories to share but I will probably start with my own first.  Two years ago, I started having panic attacks.  Anxiety was something new to me.  Or so I thought.  As I look back in my younger years I can now see how I struggled with anxiety even as a child.  But having panic attacks was something new.  I have never been so scared in my life.  Things that I enjoyed were seemingly difficult.  I had a hard time going in public.  I even stood in the line at the grocery store with a full cart and left it there.  I walked away because I was having a panic attack.  Who was this person?  I have always had my life under control!  So of course I went to the doctor.  And no surprise there, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic disorder.  My doctor loaded me up with lots of drugs, I went to therapy and I learned to deal with this new person.

Fast forward a year and a friend of mine came by my house and gave me some doTerra essential oils to sample.  I will be honest.  I was VERY skeptical.  I was sick of being on so many medications and feeling so numb to the world around me that I was willing to try anything.  I wasn't able to go to the class that my mom and sister went to.  But after using the oils for a couple of weeks I was sold.  I couldn't believe how different I felt.

I use Serenity to help me sleep.  I started using Balance, Elevation and Wild Orange every day.  I have a very hard time in the winters.  I hate it being dark and gloomy.  So I purchased a diffuser and I would diffuse Wild Orange and Peppermint to give me energy.  I am happy to report I am only on one medication.  The oils have made a world of difference in my life.

I have also learned how to keep my family healthy.  When any of us start getting a cold, flu, sore throat - just about anything - I will turn to my essential oils.  We have saved so much money by not having to go to the doctor so much.  In fact, we recently relocated to Arizona and when we went to say goodbye to our pediatrician that I love and adore she mentioned that it had been a really long time since she had seen us.

I have also been able to help my daughter with her anxiety.  I used the same oils on her and after using them for 6 months, she is now off her medication as well. 

I also sell doTerra which I never thought I would do.  But seeing how much it helped me and my family, I want to share that with everyone I can.  It's something I believe in.  Completely.  I feel so much more empowered to help others around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment